This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to individuals who use this Montrose Area School District (“MASD”) Website, or any of the web pages associated with this site (collectively, “Website”).
Collection of Information
We collect some information about you through your interactions with the MASD Website. Our servers, logs and other technologies automatically collect system/device and usage information to help us administer, protect and improve our Website, analyze usage and improve the user experience. We also collect information through cookies and similar technologies, which also aide in improving the overall user experience.
If you contact us through our Website, we may also collect any personal information you provide to us including your name, address, e-mail address, and any other information you choose to share with us.
What types of information
The type of information we collect depends on how you are interacting with us and which services you are purchasing or using.
In most cases, the information that we collect is limited to:
- Device information, such as, IP address, location or provider
- Usage information and browsing history, such as, information about how you navigate within our services, your browsing history within our Website and which elements of our Website you use the most
- Location data, for services with location-enhanced features. If we need your consent to collect geo-location data, we will collect this separately
If you choose to contact us through our Website, you may also choose to provide us with additional information such as your name, address, e-mail address, and information about any minor children about whom you are inquiring for services. Whether or not you provide this information to us through our Website is solely at your discretion.
How we use your information
We use the information collected to provide and improve our services, to exercise our legal responsibilities, to maintain Website security, and to improve your Website experience.
If you choose to contact us through our Website, we may use that information to contact you directly about your inquiry.
We also use the information collected to:
· enforce our terms and conditions,
· to protect our rights, privacy, safety, networks, systems and property, or those of other persons,
· for the prevention, detection or investigation of a crime or other breach of law or requirement, loss prevention or fraud,
· to comply with requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, and
· in order to exercise our rights, and to defend ourselves from claims and to comply with laws and regulations.
How we share information
We may share your information with contractors or other third parties with whom we work for the purpose of delivering our services and improving your Website experience. In no case will the CYSD sell your personal data or browsing activity.
We may also share your information with third parties where we have a duty to disclose your information by law (e.g., government agencies, law enforcement, etc.).
How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or complaints in relation to information privacy or this Notice, please contact:
Director of Technology
Updates to this Notice
This Notice may be subject to updates. Any material future changes or additions to this Notice will be communicated to you by placing a prominent notification on the Website.